Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Yes, global warming should be at the TOP of the political agenda


Someone in one of my classes commented that "we shouldn't worry about global warming until we get the economy back on track." I beg to differ. Though everyone has started to jump on the "green" bandwagon, we need to step up our efforts to prevent this devastating climate crash. It is affecting animals in the arctic. It is already affecting nations on the coast that are going to be the earliest of the nations hit (like Vietnam). It will soon be affecting all of us. If we are facing floods, fires and other almost-Apocalyptic and dramatic climate changes like the ones moderate scientists are predicting, the economy will be the last thing on our minds. Trust me. I'm not a sentimental person, but this picture really gets to me. .

No comments:

Post a Comment